The state-of-the-art research and implementation laboratory dedicated to functional and to precious metal coatings is designed to serve research facilities, industrial research centres and small and medium enterprises that do not have their own R&D units.
The Laboratory has the following equipment:
- two barrel and rack lines for manual and automatic operation, equipped with galvanic baths for electrochemical and chemical application of coatings;
- automatic wastewater treatment plant and demineralised water station.
- Equipment for tests of electrochemical processes and development of technologies for electrodeposition of functional coatings, including alloy coatings for technical applications.
- Equipment for tests of electrochemical processes and development of technologies for electrodeposition of coatings from precious metals and their alloys.
- Equipment for tests of electrochemical and chemical preparatory and finishing processes.
- Equipment for neutralisation of wastewater and liquefied vapours.
- VHX 5000 (Keyence) stereo microscope for assessment of surface morphology and thickness of coatings.
- X-ray fluorescence spectrometer with standards (Fischerscope X-RAY XDV-SDD) to measure coating thickness and elemental composition of coatings and baths.
- UV-VIS UV-2601 spectrophotometer (Rayleigh) for bath composition analysis.
- T1202 Wilson-Hardness microhardness tester (Buehler) for Vickers and Knoop tests.
- SP-200 instrument with the EIS option (BIO-Logic) for polarisation and impedance tests of coatings.
- IS-meter for dilatomatric determination of internal stresses (POLON-IZOT).
- Novo-Gloss Trigloss 20/60/85° gloss meter (Rhopoint Instruments).
- Surftest SJ 210 profilometer (Mitutoyo) for roughness measurements.
- Precision thickness gauge for thin coatings (Defelsko).
- Thickness gauge with a probe for thick coatings (Elektrophysik).
- CX-401 laboratory pH meter with electrodes for pH and conductivity measurements (Elmetron).